A man’s diet can impact all aspects of his health, and sexual health is no exception. In the areas of promoting ample blood flow to facilitate strong erections, maintaining a healthy sex drive and taking care of penile skin, diet is highly relevant. Knowing what foods to eat for maximum penis health is, then, something worth pursuing.
Men should note that, though many websites and videos claim that certain foods or supplements can make the penis bigger, this is not so. So, while men should keep their expectations realistic, they should know that there are many potential benefits of getting those same nutrients in the area of health, if not size.
Incorporate the following foods into one’s regimen for healthy sexual function:
1) Bananas: This phallic fruit packs in potassium, a nutrient that promotes heart health and therefore good circulation. An influx of blood to the penis is what creates erections, so keeping the blood flowing supports erectile function. Bananas are easy to work into one’s day – have one as a quick snack, slice one up into yogurt or cereal, blend one into a smoothie, etc.
2) Watermelon: This juicy fruit contains citrulline, which can boost functioning of smooth muscle. Smooth muscle in the penis plays a primary role in erections.
3) Salmon: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the body in a number of ways, including nerve function. Maintaining sensitive and responsive penile nerves throughout life is important for sexual function and enjoyment. Omega-3s also promote good circulation.
4) Avocado: This fruit is full of folate, which promotes healthy sperm. It also contains good fats, which help maintain healthy cholesterol levels and, therefore, good circulation.
5) Dark Chocolate: The flavonoids in this rich treat are great for circulation. It also contains plenty of antioxidants, which work to repair cell damage and protect cells from further damage.
6) Oysters: These sexy sea creatures facilitate the release of dopamine, one of the body’s feel-good chemicals. They also contain lots of zinc, which is important for maintaining testosterone levels. That hormone is crucial for a healthy sex drive and erectile ability.
7) Chili Peppers: Chilies are loaded with vitamin C, which both promotes healthy circulation and boosts collagen production in the body. Collagen helps keep skin tissue firm and youthful – something no man wouldn’t want for his penis.
8) Eggs: Eggs are a good source of B vitamins, which are important for healthy testosterone levels.
Proper diet is imperative not only to the health of the penis, but that of the heart, liver, pancreas and other vital organs. Eating well plays a primary role in the prevention of heart disease, diabetes, certain cancers and other health conditions that can both shorten life span and significantly reduce the quality thereof.