Ergonomic chairs are very popular in offices as they provide comfort and health to the employee. There are a variety of chairs available in the market that appear to be good but they may not be ergonomic in nature. Using other chairs may put your health at risk. Thus, it is advisable that you use ergonomic chairs while working in offices. These chairs are designed in a manner that gives comfort to your body and makes working for long hours easier. Healthy Ergonomic chair [เก้าอี้ เพื่อ สุขภาพ, which is the term in Thai] is adjustable chair which gives you the ability to adjust the requirement of the chairs as per your need.
Requirements to be fulfilled for being an ergonomic chair
- Swivel base: Ergonomic chair must have wheels that allow you to move around without leaving your seat. The wheels are rotational that allows you to turn around while being seated.
- Headrest adjustment: Ergonomic chair that provides you the facility of headrest must be adjustable in nature. This will remove the possibility of spraining your neck while working.
- Back angle adjustment: An ergonomic chair must allow you the ability to fine tune the back of the chair to get to a comfortable position. It is advisable that you keep changing your back position by keeping the back angle unlocked.
Features of an ergonomic chair
- Adjustability: An ergonomic chair provides you the opportunity to make the necessary adjustment to your chair like height adjustment, back angle adjustment, arm support adjustment, etc.
- Seat height range: See whether the chair you are buying offers you the ability to change the height of the chair as per the requirement of the worker. If the height is not adjustable you will have to buy different chairs for different workers.
- Stability: Check whether the chair offers stability. It is recommended that you use a chair that has five-point base.